Water (WR)

Water (WR)

Example of Water Conservation – Biopore

Water Conservation Program Implementation

Description:

One of the strategies in overcoming the issue of groundwater availability in Jakarta is to increase the availability of groundwater through the manufacture of biopore. Biopore infiltration holes are cylindrical holes that are made vertically into the ground as a method of water absorption aimed at overcoming waterlogging by increasing the water absorption capacity of the soil. Increasing the water absorption capacity of the soil is done by making holes in the soil and filling it with organic waste to produce compost. Organic waste that is buried in this hole can then support soil fauna, which in turn can create pores in the soil. The benefits of biopore are:

  1. Prevent flooding and increase water reserves, with the presence of biopore holes, rainwater will be more easily absorbed into the soil, because the biopore infiltration holes will increase the infiltration area. Thus, groundwater reserves will also increase and can help reduce the risk of flooding and drought.
  2. Reducing stagnant water, during the rainy season puddles are an ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes, which can later carry various diseases.

The results obtained are that within two weeks it can produce 50 biopore points embedded in IT Telkom Jakarta. With a number of biopores, it is proven to be able to accelerate the receding of puddles after rain so as to minimize the occurrence of flooding.

Additional evidence link (i.e., for videos, more images, or other files that are not included in this file): https://s.id/BioporiITTJ2021

Water Recycling Program Implementation

Description:

Water left over from washing hands, washing glass utensils, dishes and others. Wastewater is not discharged into ditches or rivers, but is reprocessed to water plants. Waste water treatment is treated by filtering the washing water waste in the sink and then storing it in the tube. There are 2 tubes that are used, the first to accommodate waste water and a place for cleaning from waste, while the second tank is to collect clean water. Water from the first tube is supplied to the second tube using an electric water pump. Clean water is ready to be used for watering flowers, grass and plants. sewers, normally through sewage treatment works, or where appropriate, through discharges direct to watercourses. Severn Trent Water Plc are the providers of this service to NTU sewerage disposal for all campuses.

Water Efficient Appliances Usage (e.g. hand washing taps, toilet flush, etc.)

Example of Water Efficient Appliances Usage
Example of Water Efficient Appliances Usage

Description:

Effective and efficient use of water in various needs is implemented through a water flushing system in all toilet sanitation used. Another method used is to use an automatic system on the hand washing faucet. Automation on both water use media is very useful in regulating the amount of water used according to needs.

Appliance Total Number Total Number Water Efficient Appliances Percentage
Toilet
28
28
100%
Wastafel
4
2
50%
Average Percentage
75%

The table above shows the implementation that has been done to increase the effectiveness of water use in various purposes. The use of the water flush system in toilet sanitation has reached 100%, then the use of automatic faucets on the sink is at 50%. Overall, the fulfillment of the implementation of effective water use in IT Telkom Jakarta has reached 75%. Currently, the remaining 25% of the implementation that needs to be fulfilled is in the implementation stage and is expected to be completed as soon as possible.

Percentage of additional handwashing and sanitation facilities during Covid-19 pandemic

Description:

During the COVID-19 pandemic, the strategy carried out in providing health protocol facilities in the campus environment was by providing hand sanitizer providers and automatic body temperature measurement. Body temperature measurement is needed to detect the temperature of students or employees on campus before entering the campus environment with a maximum temperature limit of 28̊C. If the temperature is above the threshold value then people are not allowed to enter the campus area. Automatic hand sanitizers are installed at several points in the campus area to make it easier for a person to wash their hands. These tools use an automatic system so that they do not require physical contact on the body part of the person who will take the temperature measurement or wash their hands.

Facilities Number Of Facilities
Hand Sanitizer Facilitites
57
Handwashing Facilities
13

Kawasan IT Telkom Jakarta

0
Total Area (m²)
0
Area Hijau (m²)
0
Area Parkir (m²)